Odistad 120mg from Vietnam – Obesity treatment and weight gain prevention – 42 capsules
Treatment and weight gain prevention.
Active ingredient: orlistat 120 mg (in the form of orlistat granules 50%)
Composition of excipients: lactose, croscarmellose sodium, sodium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, povidone K30.
Dosage Odistad 120mg:
Treating obesity and preventing weight gain in adults:
The recommended dose of Orlistat 120 is 1 tablet 120 mg 3 times / day with each fatty meal.
How to use:
– Drink water immediately before, during meals, or within 1 hour after each main meal. If you skip a meal or a low fat meal, do not take orlistat.
– Dosage more than 3 times / day does not increase the benefit.
If the patient is unable to lose weight after 12 weeks of treatment with orlistat, contact your doctor or pharmacist. Treatment can be discontinued if necessary.
Diet and exercise are important parts of a weight loss program. It is recommended to start a diet and exercise program before starting treatment with orlistat.
Patients should follow a balanced diet and reduce their calorie intake, with about 30% of calories from fat. It is recommended that you divide your daily amount of fat, carbohydrates and protein into 3 main meals.
– After stopping treatment with orlistat, you should continue your diet and exercise program.
– The safety and effectiveness of drugs used for more than 4 years have not been evaluated.
Children: Safety and effectiveness in children under 12 years of age have not been established.
– Data on the use of orlistat in the elderly are limited. The effects of orlistat in people with hepatic and / or renal impairment have not been studied. However, since orlistat is very little absorbed, dose adjustment in the elderly and those with hepatic and / or renal insufficiency is not required.
Hypersensitivity to any ingredient.
Chronic malabsorption syndrome or cholestasis.
– Concomitant treatment with cyclosporine.
– Pregnant and lactating women.
– Concomitant treatment with warfarin or other oral anticoagulants.
Precautions for use:
- The possibility of experiencing gastrointestinal symptoms may increase when orlistat is taken with an individual meal or a diet high in fat.
- Orlistat may potentially impair the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K). For this reason, a multivitamin supplement should be taken at bedtime.
- Patients who are taking a medicinal product for diabetes should consult a doctor before starting treatment with orlistat, in case it is necessary to adjust the dose of the antidiabetic medicinal product.
- Weight loss may be accompanied by an improvement in blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Patients who are taking a medicinal product for hypertension or hypercholesterolaemia should consult a doctor when taking orlistat, in case it is necessary to adjust the dose of these medicinal products.
- Patients who are taking amiodarone should consult a doctor before starting treatment with orlistat.
- Cases of rectal bleeding have been reported in patients taking orlistat.
- The use of an additional contraceptive method is recommended to prevent possible failure of oral contraception that could occur in case of severe diarrhoea.
- Use of orlistat may be associated with hyperoxaluria and oxalate nephropathy leading sometimes to renal failure. This risk is increased in patients with underlying chronic kidney disease and/or volume depletion.
- Hypothyroidism and/or reduced control of hypothyroidism may occur when orlistat and levothyroxine are coadministered. Patients taking levothyroxine should consult a doctor before starting treatment with orlistat, as orlistat and levothyroxine may need to be taken at different times and the dose of levothyroxine may need to be adjusted.
- Patients taking an antiepileptic medicinal product should consult a doctor before starting treatment with orlistat, as they should be monitored for possible changes in the frequency and severity of convulsions. If this occurs, consideration could be given to administering orlistat and antiepileptic medicinal products at different times.
- Orlistat may potentially reduce the absorption of antiretroviral medicines for HIV and could negatively affect the efficacy of antiretroviral medications for HIV.
- Odistad 120 contains lactose. Patients with rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, total lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption should not take this medicine.
- Orlistat is not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
|Product form /Packaging||42 capsules|
|Quantity||Box of 2 blisters, 21 capsules in each blister|
|Storage conditions & Expiry date||
In a dry place, temperature below 30, protect from light
2 years from date of manufacture
|Country of production||Germany, Stellapharm|
1 Box * 42 capsules