Gotu Kola is a medicinal plant native to the Asian region and has been used since ancient times as a remedy for normalizing and restoring the health of the nervous system.
The literal meaning of the name of the plant is an herb for the brain, and indeed, its use in everyday life and in medical practice testifies to high results of recovery.
The main secret of using Gotu Kola herb is to stimulate the brain and preserve memory processes, in addition, this plant has many other beneficial properties.
The product has gained wide popularity both in folk medicine and in the segment of the production of dietary supplements. Even if you do not complain about your health and are confident in excellent health, it does not hurt to drink a decoction of Gotu Kola once a day to strengthen immunity and resist the influence of foreign infections and pathogenic factors for health from the environment.
It is important to note that the Gotu Kola plant contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients – vitamins A, B, E, K, magnesium, serine and phosphorus, as well as a complex of essential oils, bioflavonoids, saponins and steroids, glutamic acid.
What are the benefits of Gotu Kola herb
The reasons why it is possible and even necessary to consume Gotu Kola herb are as follows:
1) It activates the processes of memory and thinking, increases the level of efficiency, and also enhances intelligence.
2) It has a high regenerating ability and copes very well with wound healing after burns, abrasions, cuts, postoperative scars. It’s all about triterpenoids, which heal the skin and tissues, and also strengthen them.
3) Reduces blood pressure. If your blood pressure is constantly increasing, then a decoction from Gotu Kola normalizes it and activates the work of the heart.
4) Prevention of varicose veins. Gotu Kola is useful both in case of already developed varicose veins, since it stops the course of the disease, and serves as a prophylactic agent to prevent the manifestation of the venous network.
5) It normalizes the functioning of the nervous system, fights stress, relieves tension and anxiety. In the modern hectic pace of life, one often has to face stress and experience many nervous moments, which in the future may be aggravated by dysfunction of the nervous system. To prevent this, use “herb for the brain” and you will protect yourself from the influence of negative factors.
6) Cosmetological properties. In cosmetology, Gotu Kola has been widely used due to its anti-aging properties and the ability to cleanse the skin of impurities, as well as give it a tone and fresh appearance due to the fact that it contains a lot of hyaluronic acid.
7) Helps fight obesity and activates metabolic processes in the body. Enriched with vitamins, bioflavonoids and other beneficial micro-substances, Gotu Kola directly affects metabolic processes, saturating the body with an important “nutrition” in the form of microelements and stimulating metabolism and fat burning.
In what forms is Gotu Kola used?
The herb Gotu Kola has a wide range of uses and can also be used in various forms:
- form compresses and lotions;
- make decoctions from leaves;
- make cosmetic and medical mixtures, as well as extract oil;
- use in liquid form, mixed with water;
- take capsules.